Petroleum Economics Seminar
Course Level: Intermediate
An intermediate level is most beneficial to an individual with knowledge and experience in the subject. This level would include more in-depth topics and possibly less common situations.
An engineer explains the creation and use of cash flows in the oil business. The course explains both the concepts and the methods for the inputs:
• Engineering the volume forecast
• Predicting future prices
• Calculating netback prices
• Estimating operating and capital costs
And it addresses the use of the cash flows for various strategies and situations
• Determining alue, making an investment decision
• Assessing risk
• Building a strategy and a portfolio
At the end of the day, participants should have a functional understanding of each of the dynamics that affect cash flow and an appreciation for their quantification.