COURSE LEVEL: BASIC/OVERVIEW
AAPL’s Structuring A Deal: Negotiation Strategy and Technique Seminar is designed for land professionals involved in negotiating deals and contracts in the oil and gas industry and includes negotiations for oil and gas leases, surface agreements, rights-of-way, mineral acquisitions, farm-ins, trades, AMIs, assignments (producing and non-producing), and mergers and acquisitions.
Learn steps to prepare for effective negotiating, how to move through blocks and barriers in communication, overcoming issues that may arise, staying on target and getting more deals signed. The course includes counter tactics, knowledge and tools that are easy to use and implement.
- Preview Project Example Negotiations – Past Deals
- Identifying Initial Project Financial Parameters
- Setting and Meeting Financial Goals
- Project Valuation – What is it Really Worth – Time and Money
- Understanding Engineering Terminology and Application to Value
- Things to Consider Prior to Negotiations – Initial Due Diligence
- Developing Negotiating Points from the Seller’s and Buyer’s Points of View
- Understanding & Identifying Project Risks
- Working the Problem = win-win Solutions for Success
- Price Factoring
- Negotiating Workshop